COURSE REGISTRATION POLICIES
- Saint Paul Public Schools Community Education reserves the right to cancel classes due to lack of enrollment or emergencies.
- Make up lessons or refunds are only available for classes postponed by the program. There are no refunds or make ups for student absences.
- If you cancel a class more than three (3) business days from the class start date, a refund minus a $10 service charge will be issued. If you cancel a class less than three (3) business days from the class start date, no refund will be issued.
- For classes and tours that have a published cancellation deadline, no refunds or credits will be issued after the specified dates.
- Full refunds or credits are issued if Community Education cancels a class or tour, or the class or tour is already filled.
Closings Due to Weather
In case of bad weather, tune in to local media – broadcast, print and online for information on school closures or check the district’s website at www.spps.org for the most current updates. Classes are not held when schools are closed due to the weather.
There is an inherent risk of accident and injury in any activity. It is the responsibility of the participant to be aware that there are assumed risks in participation. Saint Paul Public Schools (ISD# 625) assumes no responsibility for injuries received during activities. Any changes in participants’ current physical activity level should be done under the approval and direction of their physician and/or health care provider(s).
COVID-19 Information for In-Person Classes
- Due to the highly contagious nature of the current COVID-19 virus outbreak, and the understanding that any virus can be contracted from both symptomatic and asymptomatic people, Saint Paul Public Schools assumes no responsibility for the contraction of any illness as a result of your participation in Saint Paul Public Schools Community Education classes and programs. Although Saint Paul Public Schools conducts regular and thorough cleaning and sanitation of its facilities and follows state and federal public health and safety guidance, it cannot guarantee that participants will not be exposed to the COVID-19 virus or other illnesses. Participation in Saint Paul Public Schools Community Education classes or activities is at your own risk. You acknowledge this risk on behalf of yourself and your minor children as a condition of participation.
- Health and safety expectations will be communicated to all participants. Participants are prohibited from participating or entering school district facilities when they are ill or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or subject to quarantine. All participants are required to comply with social distancing and face mask expectations, and all other communicated health and safety expectations. Failure to do so could result in removal from the class/program and the premises. Participants may be subject to health screening, including temperature checks, upon arrival.
- Persons with disabilities are welcome in any class or activity and may bring a helper at no extra charge in most cases (please call first). If you need a reasonable accommodation, contact the Community Education Office where you are registering.
- Service animals that fit the definition of Title II and Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act are welcome. Please leave other animals at home.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• Can I take classes if I don't live in Saint Paul?
Yes! You do not have to live in Saint Paul to take a Saint Paul Community Education class.
• I just decided I want to take a class but it starts today – can I go to the class and register onsite?
No. We do not allow same-day registration for classes. All registration must be completed at least one day prior to the start date of a class. Occasionally classes have earlier deadlines, indicated in their descriptions.
• The class I want to sign up for is full and I’m on the waitlist. Now what?
Being on a waitlist for a class means a spot in the class is not available and registration is not possible. If a space becomes available you will be contacted by Community Education and offered an opportunity to enroll – if you receive a message about enrolling you must respond to the message and officially enroll prior to the start date. If you are not contacted prior to the class, that means there are no available spots in the class.
• I’m not receiving confirmation or reminder emails. What can I do?
Registration Confirmations and Course Reminder emails are sent to the email address associated with the user’s account. If you are not seeing confirmation and reminder emails after registering for classes, check your spam or junk folders, and also verify that email@example.com is on your safe sender list and not on your blocked list. You can also view your registration confirmations by logging into your account.
• How do I change or update my personal information?
Log into your user account. Click on your profile name in the upper right-hand corner. Choose ‘Your Account/Relationships’. Scroll to find the person whose information needs to be changed and click on ‘Edit’.
• Are gift certificates available for enrichment classes?
Yes, you can give a Community Ed gift certificate in any amount you like. Buy gift certificates online.