Driver Education - Online Class + BTW
Classes for Youth / Driver Education -
Fall 2020 - Youth
- Students must be 15 years of age by the first day of class.
- Course consists of State-required 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours of behind-the-wheel lessons. The 30 hours of classroom instruction will be an online class.
- Students are required to attend all 30 consecutive hours of classroom instruction. The classroom prepares students for the written permit test.
- After successful completion of classroom instruction, students will be mailed their Blue Card and have 18 months to complete the Behind-the-Wheel portion of the program.
- Students are required to have their permit for six months, complete 6 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction, complete and log 40-50 hours of supervised driving, and be 16 years of age before they are eligible to take the road test for a driver's license.
- Refunds minus a $50 fee will be issued upon request for cancellation. Refunds will not be issued once the classroom course has ended.
- For more information about the licensing process and a full list of program procedures, visit www.spps.org/drivered.
- This class is being offered using the Google Meet online platform. Before registering, make sure your device meets the minimum requirements; view minimum requirements here: https://www.spps.org/Page/28967.
- MN State Law requires instructors to be able to see you and hear you during online classes. Make sure your device has both a camera and microphone.
- 1-2 business days before your class, you will receive an email with your online meeting information. Please see your “Class Confirmation” email for more information on joining meetings.
1) Full payment at time of registration
2) $180 at time of registration and remaining $180 payment will automatically be charged to your credit card on the 6th scheduled day of the student's Driver Education Course.
- Parent/guardian permission is required to take the Driver Education Course.
- When creating your account, parent/guardian should create their own account and add their student to the parent/guardian's account.
Courses Cancellation Fees:
- Refunds, minus a $75 cancellation fee, will be issued upon request for the course. Refunds will not be issued if requested less than three business days prior to the class start date.
- Student is required by MN State law to attend all class sessions in entirety. Only if an extenuating circumstance arises, may student miss up to 3 hours (1 class period) but missed class time must be made up within the quarter. If student does not attend make-up class, student will have missed more than 3 hours (1 class period). If student misses more than 3 hours (1 class period), for any reason, student will be un-enrolled from the class, charged a $75 cancellation fee, and will not receive credit for class time.